Health and Safety
All students & staff will be required to wear a snug-fitting mask (fully covering nose and mouth) while on BMC property.
Masks must be BMC appropriate and are limited to solid colors only.
Masks with exhalation valves or vents are not permitted, per current CDC recommendations.
- Masks may be removed in the classroom if social distancing and trifold Plexiglas dividers are in place.
- Masks are required during all after school activities held on campus.
- All those on campus will maintain social distancing when possible.
- Directional signage will be displayed in hallways to assist with travel patterns and throughout the school to help students with social distancing.
Facility Enhancements Include
- Touchless forehead thermometers provided for each classroom.
- Touchless hand sanitizer stations strategically placed throughout the campus.
- Plexiglas privacy shields placed at each student's desk.
- Classroom desks placed 3-6 ft apart.
- Electrostatic misters utilized for better sanitizing.
- Additional water bottle filling fountains added throughout campus.
- BMC will only use the bottle filler on the fountains at this time. Please make sure your student has a refillable water bottle with a secure closure for school.
- Enhanced cleaning, according to CDC guidelines, each evening.
- Enhanced cleaning to high touch areas such as door knobs and desks will take place throughout the day.
- Restrooms will be sanitized periodically throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, masks and gloves in every classroom. Desks and plexiglass screens will be sanitized after every class period.
- CDC educational safety signage placed throughout the campus encouraging students to wash hands, safe distance, and wear masks and other "stop the spread" messaging.
Arrival & Temperature Checks
- Homeroom teachers will check each student's temperature before the student enters the classroom. Students with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or more will be sent to the Dome to be assessed by a registered nurse.
- BMC has hired a registered nurse to monitor and manage student health. In the case of a student with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, the school will contact parents or guardians immediately and require that they pick up the student within on hour.
- Faculty and staff will complete daily health screening and temperature checks.
- Students will use hand sanitizer both entering and exiting classrooms & common spaces.
- Students will wipe down desks when they arrive for each class.
- The upper campus and lower campus will have two indoor and two outdoor spaces to choose from where they are welcome to eat lunch.
- A modified hot lunch program will be available for those who wish to participate. Our school lunch service, Aramark, has strict protocols in place, following CDC guidelines.
- Self-serve food stations will be eliminated and the menu will be designed to offer healthy prepackaged grab-and-go options.
- Contactless payment will continue to be used via student meal accounts.
- Students are welcome to bring a bag lunch.
Daily Mass and Monthly Class Masses
- Masses for each grade level will be held monthly in the gym. Students will be distanced 6 ft. apart in the bleachers.
- Students will wear dress uniform on the day their grade level has Mass.
- Optional daily Mass will be held in the chapel at 7:15am with room for social distancing.
Class Retreats, Field Trips, Performances
- Band and choir Performances and theatre productions may take place outside.
- School-sponsored student/faculty field trips and other travel will be postponed to later in the school year.
- Previously scheduled international travel has been postponed until spring break/summer of 2021.
- Retreats will be offered for small groups, on campus and/or virtually. Class retreats and off campus retreats are postponed until further notice.