Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Good morning Bishop Moore Hornets. Here are your morning announcements.
- The Holidays are fast approaching and Bishop Moore is collecting baby items and canned food for the annual Thanksgiving Charity Drive. Freshmen and sophomores are encouraged to donate $10 in diapers or other baby items. Juniors and Seniors donate 10 canned goods. Our donations will help change lives during the holiday season. Help spread God's love to the world. Virtual students can donate online at CFLCC.org.
- This Friday will be a dress down day to support the IBIP foundation. IBIP supports small businesses in Bauchi State, Nigeria, Africa. The dress down Friday will directly support Yusuf Abdullahi, the owner of Fareedah Fashion, a small tailoring business. Yusuf coaches 6 other tailors and is helping to transform his community through business opportunities. To participate give $2 to your homeroom teacher Friday. Virtual students will be able to donate later this week online.
- Want to serve our local community? On December 5th, Catholic Charities is hosting a mobile food drop at BMC. Families will be able to come and receive much needed food. We need 40-50 volunteers to help prepare the food and serve it to the families. The food drop will take place in the morning starting at 7:00am. Please contact Campus Ministry if you are interested in volunteering.
- The Paper Lab is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays during 9th hour for both virtual and face-to-face students. On campus, it is located in room 309, Mrs. Gurley’s room. Look in Schoology under your English course for a link to sign-up for an appointment, or find a QR Code on one of our flyers.
- National English Honors Society members, our winter service project is upon us. Please attend at least one or all four Sugar Plums and Poetry meetings this month. There is a meeting this Friday during 9th hour in room 309, Mrs. Gurley's room or via the NEHS zoom link.
- Detentions can be served on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Dome during your lunch or Wednesdays from 2:30 – 3:30pm in the Dome. Bring your Student ID and please be on time.
- Wrestling tryouts will continue today through Friday 3:30-6:00pm in the Wrestling Building. Everyone must be cleared via Athletic Clearance before attending tryouts. Athletes please bring the following items: mask, own water bottle, gym shorts and T-shirt, running shoes and wrestling shoes if you have them. Good Luck Hornets!
That concludes our morning announcements. Check the website for the written version of the announcements and any recent updates.