What's Buzzin' (Today's Announcements)
Friday, September 20, 2019
- Saturday School tomorrow is in room 303 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Remember to bring your student ID and please be on time.
- Today our college visits are American University at 8:49 a.m., and Bryant University at 9:40 a.m. They will all be held at the College and Career Center. - Monday we will have St, John’s University, Sacred Heart University, The Catholic University of America, and Roanoke College. If you're interested, please go to Naviance to sign up and to see what other colleges will be coming to Bishop Moore.
- Applications for the Science National Honors Society are available in room 204 and on the Bishop Moore Website. They are due on Monday, September 23rd.
- Mandatory Best Buddies Club meeting on Wednesday September 25th at 2:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
- Boys and girls who are interested in playing Beach Volleyball this year, please attend the Beach Volleyball Club Interest Meeting on Wednesday, September 25th after school in (Teal Lab A).
- The Diocese of Orlando is hosting a Blue Mass to honor First Responders and their families. Bishop Moore is bringing a group of students to the mass and it will be on Friday, September 27th at 12:10 p.m. at St. James Cathedral. Please stop by Campus Ministry if you are interested.
- The Diocese of Orlando will be collecting items for the hurricane through September 30th. Posters are around school with the items list. Donations can be brought to your local parish or to the Catholic Charities facility on Semoran Blvd.
- Check out the Homecoming Dance themed video posted on Schoology ...prepare yourself to dive deep below the sea for a "Journey to Atlantis, An Under the Sea Adventure"...there will be games, a large screen for video games, prizes, face painting, dinner, dancing, and more. New this year, 2020 THOUSAND LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA is King Triton's Senior Cove. Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime adventure.
- Get your "schools" of 10 friends together... Homecoming tickets will go on sale next week during lunches and after school...details and forms will be posted on Schoology today. Tables (sea vessels) will hold 10 travelers. No worries if you are going with a "school" of less than 10, we have plenty of sea vessels for less than 10.
- Peer Ministry is collecting school and medical supplies for the Dominican Republic from now until October 20th. Drop off locations are in the main office, student center and campus ministry.
- Anyone interested in community service opportunities through May of 2020 for Maitland Parks & Recreation, please go to the Main Office to pick up information.
- Art Club will be collecting dried up Markers and Pens. Collect any marker or pen that is dried up from home or school and deliver to Mrs. Spelman's room, 517.
- Community Service Opportunity (Do not read out-loud) - Foundation for Orange County Public Schools (FOCPS), are looking for volunteers to help with students at Lockhart Middle School. For more information, please contact, Pamela Carson at Pamela.Carson@ocps.net, 407-317-3261.
- Congratulations Freshman Football won 15-12 against Orangewood Christian. Great Job Hornets!
- Varsity Football will host South Sumter at Memorial Stadium at 7:00 p.m.
- Varsity Girls Volleyball will travel to Berkeley Prep for the Premier Tournament today and tomorrow.
- JV Girls Volleyball will travel to Lyman High School for JV tournament today and tomorrow.
- Boys/Girls Swimming will host Olympia at Lake Highland Prep at 6:00 p.m. today and host the 29th Annual Florida Catholic Swimming & Diving Invitational at Lake Highland Prep tomorrow at 12:00 p.m.
- Varsity Boys Golf will travel to Hammock Beach for a weekend tournament.
- Boys/Girls Cross Country will travel to The Villages tomorrow for an 8:15 a.m. Meet.
- Varsity Girls Golf will travel to Viera for a 1:00 p.m. matchup.