Guided by our Catholic Tradition, Bishop Moore Catholic High School students will develop personally, spiritually, and intellectually to achieve their potential as individuals and leaders within a global society.
Driven by our Catholic faith, we strive for excellence in all we do and serve as the light of Christ in the world.
With faith that's everlasting,
And love that's ever true,
We pledge thee, Alma Mater,
Our loyalty to you.
Our spirit is undaunted,
Our hearts are ever bold,
Oh Bishop Moore we praise thee,
And Hail the Black & Gold.
Bishop Moore Catholic High School has a rich legacy of faith. Dating back to the mid-1800s and the inception of the Catholic Church in Florida, Orlando's first bishop, John Moore, advocated for quality in both education and doctrine. Since our founding in 1954, BMC has endeavored to build on the foundation of faith he left us by serving the families of our community with excellence and compassion.
We believe all students can learn to become productive citizens in our society. Consequently, BMC aims to provide a diversified curriculum in which all students can experience success, discover their personal worth, and develop a clear value system.
We aim to nurture and graduate intellectually competent, ethically mature, physically fit, caring, and self-disciplined students who are prepared to be successful citizens. But we know we can’t accomplish this alone.
At BMC, we thrive on parental involvement and count on alumni, local parishioners, and community members for our existence and the success of our students. As a way of saying “thank you,” we encourage our students and staff to give back to our community through their personal service.
The Eucharist is "the source and summit of the Christian life" (Catechism of the Catholic Church 1324). As such, Christian spirituality flows from the Eucharist as light streams from the sun. We need its Light to grow; it is our nourishment and strength.
The Eucharist is the summit to which our actions are directed. In the Eucharist, Christ is ever-present, continually giving Himself to us. We, in return, come to Christ, presenting our lives as a gift on His altar. One way we do that is through serving in the liturgy and our community. For more information or to get involved, please contact our Campus Ministry office.
At BMC, we equip our students to experience success in every area of their lives: personally, spiritually, and academically. Over 15,000 alumni testify to our effectiveness, as do these other statistics:
- More than 90% of our student body is involved in extracurricular activities (athletics and clubs).
- Our students contribute more than 30,000 service hours annually in the greater Orlando area.
- 98% of our graduates are college-bound.
- Over the years, we’ve won 29 state titles and three national championships in athletics.
- We offer 25 AP courses every year.
- Every semester our students participate in over 60 different clubs and honor societies.
- We offer four distinct STEM pathways that integrate them into a cohesive learning paradigm based on real-world applications.
BMC is the only Catholic high school in Orlando, Florida. As the largest private high school in the area, we offer a highly qualified Catholic education that consists of:
- Emphasis on our Catholic Identity
- Challenging yet Personal Curriculum
- Competitive Athletics
- Clubs & Organizations
- Environment of Service
- Highly-Qualified Teachers
- Supportive Community
- State-of-the-Art Technology